The term ‘HempFlax-grade fiber’ is used to define the finest possible quality of product. This category covers both finished and semi-finished hemp fiber products, and also technical grade flax fiber.
HempFlax Plus Nature Insulation
HempFlax Plus Nature Insulation is suitable for the thermal and acoustic insulation of roofs, walls and floors of newly built and existing structures.
It is a natural alternative for synthetic and mineral insulation materials in traditional building applications and is especially suited to timber frame constructions. To fully exploit the special qualities of this natural product, applying the material in a ‘diffusion-open’ building construction is an interesting alternative. Diffusion-open building is a common, tried and tested building method, for example in Germany.
The difference between diffusion-open and diffusion-tight is comparable to wearing an insulating piece of clothing made of a standard plastic foil (vapour tight), or a material that breathes such as Gore-Tex®.
HempFlax Plus Insulation is available in the following thicknesses: 40mm, 60mm, 80mm, 100mm, 120mm, 140mm, 160mm and 180mm.
• The heat capacity of hemp fiber guarantees a maximum heat buffering and phase shift
• The mechanical properties of the fiber guarantee a prolonged efficient lifespan
• Hemp fiber can absorb 20% of its weight in fluids without losing its insulating capacity
• Hemp fiber contains no proteins and attracts neither insects nor rodents
• The production of hemp fiber insulation material requires 10 times less energy than the production of synthetic and mineral alternatives
• Hemp fiber insulation absorbs CO2 during growth and contributes to a positive CO2 balance
• HempFlax insulation materials are shrink-wrapped in plastic and delivered on pallets
• The insulation mats must be stored vertically and away from moisture
• HempFlax Panel Insulation is available in a range of thicknesses from 40mm to 180mm
- Standard panel size of 1200mm x 600mm
The R value ranges from 1 to 4.5